Welcome!

A man travels round the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it.- George Moore. Welcome home!


Friday, July 31, 2009

I AM SORRY


Yesterday, around 7.30pm, I felt a nudge in my spirit that something wasn’t alright. I couldn’t understand it immediately but later I realized I made a mistake. I was spending extra time with my computer at the expense of being at home with my wife. Immediately I asked God to forgive me and rushed home. My wife wasn’t happy but I took time to apologize.

A heartfelt expression of ‘I am sorry’ can do more for you and your relationships than any other thing. Learning to say ‘I am sorry’ will deliver you from so much danger and heartaches. It quells the fury of anger and revenge. It snuffs life out of bitterness and hatred. It rebuilds broken relationships and oils the wheel of friendship. But most importantly, it kills pride.

Do you realize that pride is the major reason many find it difficult to apologize? Each time you go to someone and apologize for a wrong you did, you puncture your ego and no one wants his or her ego punctured. But when we realize that peace and good relationship are superior to our ego and pride, we can go to any length to ensure peace and harmony with one another.

For you to step out of your way to make peace will mean that your conscience is alive. A conscience that is alive will be pricked when you are erring. It’s literally impossible to honestly amend situations if your conscience is hardened. Ask God to touch your conscience and watch Him transform your life.

Today is the right time to start amending your relationships. You have the ability to make the most out of situations and people. Don’t continue keeping malice. Go and amend your relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment